I lost my Mother to cancer and seeing the exceptional care and support given to her by hospice staff and nurses, I felt I wanted to raise some much needed funds for such a worthwhile cause. With so many of us being affected in some way by this terrible disease, the help you can offer now will help so many others in this trying time of their life.
Over five days, I will cycle over 200 miles from Edinburgh to the Isle of Iona, passing through some of the most stunning and unspoilt landscapes in the UK.
Starting from St Columba’s Hospice in Edinburgh, we will cycle to Glasgow, Loch Lomond, Loch Awe, Tarbet and the Isle of Mull, from where we will make the final leg of the journey by ferry to the Isle of Iona – one of the most significant areas of Scotland’s history.
We will cycle past beautiful lochs, ancient ruins and kirks, quaint villages and unspoilt wilderness and will be an experience never to be forgotten.
I also took part in the Glasgow to Edinburgh 51 Mile Cycle Ride back in September 2011
Philip and Kim from Tartan Trader Limited teamed up with Johnny and Angie from Validus Gym to take part in the 51 mile charity bike ride from Glasgow to Edinburgh on 11th September 2011.
The ride was indeed challenging (for some!) with a fair amount of hills and the predictable Scottish drizzle playing its part, however, with a big dose of determination and encouragement from one another, the team managed to raise £871 for Maggie’s Cancer Care. A big thanks to all who sponsored the team.
Cycling past the finishing line at Murrayfield Stadium, various comments came from the team…….. “Right, put me down for the next one” (Phil) “Think I’ll just chill out for the next 2 hours and wait for the rest” (Johnny) “Ooh I love a bit of hill” (Angie) and no comment from Kim who was looking around for the St John Ambulance and an oxygen mask. Any takers for next year?
- Plaques we produced for Ross-shire EGS & Laminitis Fun Show - July 20, 2016
- Tartan Trader Personalised Gifts moves to new offices - June 29, 2016
- Add a personal touch to your gift: Get it engraved - July 17, 2014
- Philip’s Celtic Challenge 2014 - January 31, 2014
- Good Customer Service Makes You King - January 30, 2014
- Personalised Wedding Favours - October 5, 2012
- Excellent Customer Service - July 13, 2012
- Personalised Wedding Favours - June 1, 2012
- Celtic Challenge Mission Complete - May 30, 2012
- Buy Cigarette Case - March 6, 2012